Workplace giving is a means by which employees donate to charitable organizations of their choice, primarily through payroll pledges. Donations through payroll pledges enable Sightline to spend less time fundraising and more time working toward sustainability—a healthy, lasting prosperity grounded in place.
How to Give at Your Workplace:
- Corporate workplaces: If you work for one of many corporations that include Earth Share of Washington in your workplace giving campaign, find Earth Share of Washington on your payroll pledge form and write in Sightline as a specific designation.
- United Way Campaigns: If Sightline is not listed by your employer in your workplace giving campaign, you can designate Sightline in the “Specific Organization” or “donor option” section of your United Way pledge form. Ask your campaign coordinator how to do this if it is not clear.
- Government workplaces: If you work for one of the many government agencies in our area such as the State of Washington, state universities, the federal government, City of Seattle, King County, as well as many other counties and cities, you can find Sightline listed in the campaign catalog. Once you have found us, write our code number on your payroll pledge form. If your agency has no catalog, ask your campaign coordinator how you may designate your gift to Sightline.
Here are 2 ways you can give to Sightline through your workplace giving campaign:
- Payroll Deduction – by far the most popular and easiest way to support Sightline year-round, you instruct your employer to deduct a certain amount from your paycheck each pay period.
- One-time payroll deduction – you instruct your employer to deduct a single amount from one paycheck, or simply write a personal check to Sightline and present it to your workplace giving campaign manager.
Why donate via payroll deduction?
Donations through workplace giving enable Earth Share of Washington member organizations to spend less time fundraising and more time working on programs and issues you care about. Gifts to Earth Share of Washington are shared among its member groups with the majority of funds staying in Washington State.
- Efficiency: Raising funds through payroll deduction in workplace giving campaigns is many times cheaper than typical direct mail. Sightline uses these funds to advance our mission.
- Convenience: Once a year, donors decide which issues are most important to them. A portion of each paycheck then goes to their favorite charity.
- Consistency: Funds raised through payroll deduction help conservation groups plan for the future. After workplaces have concluded their giving campaigns, they forward the pledge results to the non-profit organizations, which can in turn budget accordingly.
- Accountability: Earth Share of Washington member groups are screened each year and held to strict accountability standards. This gives donors peace of mind, knowing their money is being managed well. All Earth Share of Washington financial reports are available to the public at any time.
Sightline is a member of Earth Share of Washington, 65 leading conservation and environmental organizations working together to protect our health, children and quality of life in Washington. By partnering with businesses and government agencies, Earth Share of Washington inspires employees to support the environment through workplace giving campaigns and volunteerism. Visit www.esw.org to find out more.