*Fall 2007 update: In November 2007, Measure 49 passed in Oregon, curtailing many of the wild excesses that were fragmenting communities across the state. Read our ongoing commentary on the M. 37 debate on our blog, and see Sightline maps on the impact of Measure 37.
A report by Seattle-based Sightline Institute documents how Measure 37 affected residents of seven communities—farmers, foresters, business owners, and suburbanites—and examines whether the initiative undermined the very rights it claimed to protect.Two Years of Measure 37
- The video version–seven stories
- Two Years of Measure 37 (PDF)
- Oregonians Change Attitudes on Measure 37 (PDF): Press release by 1000 Friends of Oregon
- Brief descriptions of seven Oregon case studies from report
- Sightline’s blog series on Measure 37
Published: February 8, 2007