Every day, the staff of Sightline Institute work together to make Cascadia a global model of sustainability—strong communities, a green economy, and a healthy environment. We believe true sustainability exists at the intersection of environmental health and social justice.
Sightliners are a talented cadre of researchers, communicators, and advocates across Alaska, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington, supported by solid administrative and fundraising teams. In considering applicants to our jobs, we appreciate a broad array of experiences and backgrounds and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continually work to ensure that our audiences, staff, and board reflect the geographic, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, and other demographic diversity of Cascadia.
Sightline offers a competitive compensation plan, robust benefits package, flexible and balanced virtual-first work arrangements, and a collegial culture. This includes:
- A 401(k) plan with employer contribution of 10 percent of salary, regardless of employee contribution level
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and partial coverage for dependents
- Monthly remote-work stipend
- Regular staff gatherings for in-person connection
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and 2 weeks of paid sick leave per year
- A 3-month paid sabbatical every 7 years
There are no openings at this time.
We occasionally retain interns as well as freelance researchers and writers, graphic designers, GIS analysts, and copy editors. While we do not have specific positions available at this time, you are welcome to email your resume and a sample of your work, and we will keep it on file.