Sightline has a great opportunity open on its staff: development associate. Tell your friends!
The development associate plays an important role in Sightline’s success. S/he coordinates online and mail fundraising from Sightline’s annual-fund donors, and supports the major gifts program through donor relations, event planning, and database management.
Here are some of the responsibilities and requirements:
We are a nonprofit. Donate now to support more research like this!
The development associate collaborates with the Development Director to plan and execute online and direct mail fundraising; plan and coordinate development events; and conduct donor correspondence. Under the Development Director’s supervision, s/he manages donor data systems, supports the board Development Committee’s users-to-donors workgroup; and schedules meetings for organizational leaders with major donors and prospective major donors. S/he takes particular responsibility for stewarding relationships with Sightline’s annual-fund donors.
- Three or more years of successful experience in fundraising, ideally for a progressive policy, research, or advocacy cause.
- Donor cultivation such as prompt delivery of thank you letters and the distribution of updates and newsletters
- A gifted writer with a talent for turning policy issues into prose that is both compelling and accurate
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, incorporate feedback, and improve systems
- Outstanding project manager and creative thinker, who—with the help of the Development Director—can initiate efforts to recruit and retain donors from among Sightline’s large online audience
- Mastery of relevant technology, including online communications, social networking tools, and especially Raiser’s Edge—the development database Sightline uses