Join us for a free community forum on the coal and oil industry’s plans to build new dirty energy transport facilities in Washington. This forum will cover Washington’s and Thurston County’s role in holding the Thin Green Line against international fossil fuel trade; explain the costs and consequences of coal and oil transport; and provide opportunities for citizen action.
- Forum: “Running the Risk: Washington’s Fight against Coal Export and Oil Transport”
- When: Thursday, September 3, 6:30 pm (program begins at 7:00 pm)
- Where: The Olympia Center, 222 Columbia St NW (map)
- Tickets: This event is free and open to the public, but please RSVP.
- Eric de Place, Sightline Institute
- RD Grunbaum, Friends of Grays Harbor
- Arnie Martin, Grays Harbor Audubon Society
- Ali Johnson, Evergreen Students for Climate Action
Learn more about how you can join the Thin Green Line and help fight against schemes to turn the Pacific Northwest into a fossil fuel highway to Asia. We hope to see you next Thursday at the Olympia Center!
AFSCME Local 872 Washington Federation of State Employees, Climate Solutions, Great Old Broads for Wilderness, League of Women Voters of Thurston County, Power Past Coal, Stand Up To Oil, Sightline Institute, Thurston Climate Action Team, Washington Environmental Council, Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility