Watch it to get the whole story, or here’s a summary of the funding he highlights:
- $11 billion to make the nation’s electricity grid smarter, more flexible and more responsive, including funding for the Northwest’s Bonneville Power Administration.
- $6.3 billion for energy efficiency projects, including home weatherization.
- $4 billion in loan guarantees for renewable energy, helping companies raise capital for solar plants, wind turbines, geothermal projects and other innovations.
- $4.5 billion to make federal buildings more energy efficient.
- $3.1 billion in state energy grants to create jobs and train a clean tech workforce.