Next week, I’ll be doing two public speaking engagements on The Thin Green Line—the notion that the Northwest is uniquely positioned to thwart large-scale fossil fuel exports.
- When: Tuesday, April 8, at 7 pm
- Where: Eagle Harbor Congregational Church, 105 Winslow Way West, Bainbridge Island. Map.
Details: I’ll be focusing on new developments in oil by rail, and what we can do about them. I’ll also be joined by Senator Christine Rolfes, who sponsored important legislation related to oil shipments. The event is free and open to the public. More details from the event’s organizers here.
- When: Thursday, April 10, 12-1:15 pm and again from 1:25-2:40 pm
- Where: WSU Vancouver, Dengerink Administration Building, Room 110
- Details: For this talk, I’ll spend more time on the climate change implications of the various coal, oil, and gas shipment proposals that are underway in the Northwest. This event is also free and open to the public. More details from the event’s organizers here.