I’ll be participating in two panel talks on coal and oil trains, one this Friday and one next week. Both promise to be interesting.
This Friday, come ask your toughest questions at a free, public panel discussion on coal and oil trains. I’ll be joining Ross Macfarlane of Climate Solutions, Sean Ardussi of Puget Sound Regional Council, Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling, BNSF Consultant Terry Finn, and Joe Ritzman of SSA Marine to talk about everything from public safety concerns to local traffic delays to climate and regional economic impacts. Snohomish County Councilmember Dave Somers will moderate.
- When: Friday, August 22, 2014, 10 am to noon.
- Where: Snohomish County Administration East Building, first floor public meeting rooms, 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA 98201 (detailed map)
- Cost: Free
Then, next Wednesday, Bellingham City Club has invited me to talk on the same subject alongside Shannon Wright, executive director of Communitywise Bellingham. The event is not free, but it is discounted for members and includes lunch.
- When: Wednesday, August 27: Doors at 11:30 a.m., Lunch at 11:50, Program from 12:20 to 1:30 pm.
- Where: Northwood Hall, 3240 Northwest Avenue, Bellingham, WA (map)
- Cost: $13 member / $18 guest / $5 young adult if purchased in advance here. A limited number of tickets may be available at the door at the cost of $15 member / $20 guest.
- More information available on Bellingham City Club’s website.
Hope to see you at one of these events!