Sightline Researcher Tarika Powell recently participated on a panel called “Defining Cascadia.” The lively panel discussion was recorded for the Seattle-centered “Upzones Podcast“ in front of a live audience, and was posted to the podcast’s feed this week.
“Defining Cascadia” brought together some of the region’s top subject matter experts to discuss:
- how we define the Cascadian region,
- what makes Cascadia unique,
- how to best connect the region through high speed rail,
- what the region’s top environmental issues are, and
- what current and future challenges Cascadians face.
In addition to Tarika, the panel featured Cascadia Magazine founder Andrew Engelson, poet Nadine Maestas, Cascadia Rail co-founder Paige Malott, and Ian Martinez of the “Upzones Podcast” as moderator. Horizon Books on Capitol Hill hosted the event.
Finding this article interesting? Donate now to support our independent research!
Listen to the podcast below or on the web.