Sightline Researcher Tarika Powell recently participated on a panel called “Defining Cascadia.” The lively panel discussion was recorded for the Seattle-centered “Upzones Podcast“ in front of a live audience, and was posted to the podcast’s feed this week.
“Defining Cascadia” brought together some of the region’s top subject matter experts to discuss:
- how we define the Cascadian region,
- what makes Cascadia unique,
- how to best connect the region through high speed rail,
- what the region’s top environmental issues are, and
- what current and future challenges Cascadians face.
In addition to Tarika, the panel featured Cascadia Magazine founder Andrew Engelson, poet Nadine Maestas, Cascadia Rail co-founder Paige Malott, and Ian Martinez of the “Upzones Podcast” as moderator. Horizon Books on Capitol Hill hosted the event.
Find this article interesting? Please consider making a gift to support our work.
Listen to the podcast below or on the web.