Have you ever tried to briefly explain to someone why we need to hold carbon polluters accountable? Here’s a 60-second explanation. This is the first in a series of short videos about how the Pacific Northwest can use a carbon price to protect our communities and accelerate our transition to clean energy.
- The biggest polluters are getting a free lunch. Oil and coal companies profit while they pollute our atmosphere for free.
- Our families and communities are picking up their tab. In the Pacific Northwest, we are seeing more kids with asthma, damages to the shellfish industry, dwindling water supplies, and record wildfires.
- We can fix this by making polluters pay for their pollution.
- Places around the world are already making polluters take responsibility. By 2016, almost one quarter of all carbon pollution in the world will have a price tag attached.
- Washington and Oregon can play a leadership role holding polluters accountable as part of a West Coast block for climate action.